- Enjoy the moment before spilling the beans. There will be plenty of time for everyone to congratulate you, wish you well etc. but the biggest moment in your life is between you and your fiancé. Spend some time just cherishing the proposal before announcing it to everyone.
- Don’t get lost in your wedding day. So much time, energy and planning has gone into it that it’s easy to get caught up with you guests. You don’t want to look back and realize that you didn’t have any special moments with your new husband.
- Be yourself. You would be so upset if upon reflection, you realized you didn’t have what you wanted because you wanted to please your guests. It’s YOUR day and should be exactly how you want it to be. Those who love you will be over the moon with anything you choose.
- Remember that it’s not all about you. Your fiancé is just as important and what he wants should be considered. Even if it doesn’t fit into your vision and some grooms don’t have any interest, if he wants something included, you should make a point to do so.
- Communication is very important especially before you get married. It is the foundation of every relationship and you need to be open with one another about everything to ensure your marriage will last. If you don’t start off on a solid foundation, your chances are greatly reduced.
Marriage is so important and it is easy to get caught up in the moment. However, there are things that need to be established and considered prior to walking down the aisle (and during your ceremony) in order to increase the chances of lifelong happiness.
You will get advice from all angles and some will be fitting and some won’t work for you but there are fundamentals that set you up for a strong, long lasting marriage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.