Hyde Park Presbyterian Church is in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood and like the community that surrounds it, is rooted in tradition. Underneath a canopy of 150 year old oak trees, the grounds are covered by flowers and plants that change with each season. Consistent upgrades to the buildings and grounds enhance the appearance while we continue to honor our past. In 1990, the church was added to the National Register of Historic Places and a marker was placed on the front corner of the lot. Many couples include it in their wedding photos.
Members and visitors worship in the original sanctuary built by and purchased from Hyde Park Baptist Church in 1910. The wood pews maintain the original ambiance. New wood flooring and other updates give a modern appearance that doesn’t detract from the history which draws people in. A baby grand piano and sound system project music clearly and beautifully throughout the space. The sanctuary comfortably seats 150 guests but doesn’t feel empty during small, intimate gatherings. The front is spacious enough for wedding parties of all sizes.
Named after a beloved member of the congregation, this is the perfect place for bridal parties to relax and get ready. It is an actual home purchased by the church during the mid-1900’s. There is a dressing area with a full-length mirror, two rooms with sofas and chairs for lounging and preparation and a refrigerator for snacks and beverages. The proximity to the sanctuary guarantees brides will look absolutely perfect as they walk down the aisle.
Originally an old army mess hall, the space (named after an original member) is used for luncheons, refreshments after church, wedding rehearsal dinners, receptions and other events. It has a full kitchen that can be used for cooking or by a catering service. The open floor plan allows the tables and chairs to be arranged in any way. There is a nursery for younger guests in the back although an attendant is not provided.
All buildings are wheelchair accessible. There is a small parking lot in the rear of the building and street parking is abundant. A playscape is on the grounds to entertain children in attendance. The day prior, the names of the bride and groom along with the wedding date are placed on the sign at the front of the property. It is a personalized touch that lets guests know they are in the right location and makes for special photos.